Friday, August 26, 2005

Great Day

Last night after work I jetted down to Run-Tex to take part in the Pub Run, first problem I went to the Lake Austin one not the Riverside one. Well a quick trip to Riverside and I make it there to have a beer before the run starts. Leg one our journey is a trip down the trails of Town Lake ending at Deep Eddy Cabaret. Along the way I see a runner I recognize, an ex. Unfortunately she recognizes me too, needless to say she bitches me out (our break up did not go we, dumped her via voice mail, someday karma will catch up to me) and delays me. So when I get the chance, I take off running and catch the group at at Deep Eddy (great bar cheap beer). Well after a couple of beers at Deep Eddy we are off again. JT and I decide to not run with the group and takje a littlle detour to El Arroyo for a beer, a non-hasher Melissa joins us. We get there order our drinks and as we get them the rest of the group runs by, we flag another hasher to join us, so Edie stops running and has a margarita. We finish our drinks and take off to Opal Divine's, have a few beers there then it is off to 6, well all the hashers (JT, Bart, Edie, No Hands {have not learned his real name yet}, along with Melissa and myself) stop off at The Gingerman for a pint. We then catch up to the rest of the group at 6, kind of a yuppie bar. We have a couple drinks there, this was the offial end, but not for the hashers and Melissa. We take off again this time to Side B. We had all thought it burned down with the Bitter End, it didn't. A few drinks here (by the way they have a special tip jar for the employees left unemployed by the burning of Bitter End, stop by and tip big) and then off to our cars where JT was bright enough to stash a cooler of beer. Once those beers were imbibed, some of us felt a need to eat, so Bart, Melissa and I headed over to Aussie's where I had a fantastic sandwhich. So I finally make it to my car, check my voicemail, whoops it is midnight and I was supposed to be over at the girl I am datings house at 9:30. Well I give her a call to see if it is too late to come over, of course it is, which I am thankful for because I am exhausted. Go home and sleep like a baby. Today I woke up completely refreshed, headed over to Taco Deli for some wonderful tacos, go to work and am prepared to have a great day. I open my email, and what awaits me a message from the girl I am seeing saying things have gotten to complicated and she wants to stop seeing me (hey karma caught me). Well I could get all bummed and sad and depressed, but this weekend has too many great things going on. I am not going to get upset about this. This weekend is going to rock, so I will do it sans girlfriend, big deal. I am going to have a great day at work, a great evening at Alisa's party, a wonderful time at the Keep Austin Weird and a great Hash. Life only sucks if you let it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Go Timmy Go!

12:41 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Yesterday totally rocked, was sad every so often but survived! And she started missing me so she called me last night and ended up sleeping over.

11:58 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

you been a hasher long? I've met a few transplants from Austin - do you know Follow the Bleeder or C'Em Cummin?

7:08 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I have only been hashing for a year, but I know Bleeder and C'Em well. All three of us attended Texas Interhash and the Austin 20th Campout. Bleeders last Austin Hash was my birthday trail.

11:01 AM, September 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home