Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today

I woke up today thinking it was going to be a great day, boy was I wrong. Shortly after arriving to work, I receive an email from the girl I have been dating. In the email she asks if I have been seeing anyone else, of course my response is no. And since she asked me, I returned the question, her answer was no, but she does have a date next week. I have known since the beginning that she had wanted to keep things somewhat open, but hey, if you make it 3 months without either person seeing someone else, this just seems to be a step backwards. After several emails, it appears her reasoning behind this is the fact that she will not allow herself to fall in love with anyone right now. I don't actually think I am ready to quite fall in love right now, I am still getting over the last 2 times I thought I was in love.
She said she is really happy seeing me, she wants to continue seeing me, just not fall in love with me. Which as previously stated, at this juncture I am not ready for love.
Maybe I am egotistical, maybe I am a little self-absorbed, but how could she honestly say she is happy with me and where we are right now and want to see someone else. If we had been seeing other people this whole time then yes, I could see it, but essentially we have been exclusive for 3 months, almost 4. This just seems like a huge step backwards, I really believe I will start to resent her if I continue dating her and she sees other people. I don't think I can handle that again, with everything that happened between K and I (I still have trouble saying her name). Right now I should be in a good mood, I have a great next few days planned. Have a little friend event tonight, heard from one of my dearest friends today, have a Pub Run with the Austin Duatheletes tomorrow, a good friends bday party on Friday, the Keep Austin Weird on Saturday and then waht should be a good hash on Sunday. I now know that I am going to be in a crappy mood for all these events. But hey, I always find a way to have a good time, if not my friends will make me have a good time, don't want to piss off the asian mafia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home