Saturday, October 29, 2005

Drunkest Race in Texas

Yesterday at 6, I took a little break from work to head over to the start of the Burnet Road Challenge. When I arrived, there was already many race participants there. I didn't recognize many of the racers, which was weird, since I was expecting mostly hashers, some of the Austin Sailing Soceity and a few of the Austin Duatheletes. I bought a couple of shirts, picked up the shots for Ginny's, had a beer, socialized and then had to return to the office. I was stuck at the office for the first two hours of the race.

When I was finally able to leave, I left my car at Ginny's and ran the race backwards to meet up with the group I arrived at the Poodle Dog as the first participants were coming in. We spent about an hour at the Poodle, during which I consumed three beers, talked to several friends I have not seen for a while, found out that Snapping Twat has just been hired at Apple (welocme to the froot), explained to many people I was just joining the race, signed on as swimming coach for three friends that are doing a triathalon in June and basically repeatedly told JT I am bored, let's run to the next bar.

After a few beers we were off to Ginny's. Ginny's Little Longhorn is an Austin tradition. During our time at Ginny's, I had two shots (to Todd Gunn), I confirmed yes I am going to be the swim coach, talked to Rob about taking over his Catamaran, talked to Rob about making Ginny's a landmark so no developers could tear it down, explained to many people that I was at the last bar, consumed several beers (lost count), made fun of JT, basically had a great time.

Next stop Billy's, don't remember much about Billy's so must have been boring. Then off to the Draught House. By this time, I must have been drunk, because I tried going the wrong way, luckily several people corrected me. While we were running there, I performed an impromptu mooning of the girl who I moved to Austins for office. A couple of people asked me why, I was unable to articulate that someone who worked in that office broke my heart. At the Draught House, had one beer and then was shuffled off to go get my car, which was probably the best thing, since 1 I had to work today and 2 I really didn't need anything more to drink.

This morning, I woke up in a really bad mood at 6 am. I couldn't go back to sleep so I went for a run. Two and a half hours later, I am no longer in a bad mood, ready to sleep, but unfortunately have to shower and go into the office, c'est la vie.

On-On to my bed, screw doing something because it is Saturday night (anyone care to place a bet on whether I stay in or not?)

1 Comments:

Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Well you could go to the drafthouse with me if you're interested.

As it is I am probably going to go alone. I am a big loser (85% and growing; might as well go for perfection)

3:15 PM, October 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home