Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I have lost my touch

Up until this morning there was nothing I couldn't find with Google. Twice this morning I couldn't find something. WTH? Both things I couldn't find were a series of books. The first series were a series I read when I was 12, essentially the story is the main character is some computer genius, who as a teenager works for some secret agency. The cool thing about this series is at the end of each chapter it gave you the code to program into your computer in order to make a video game. This was definitely one of the coolest series ever. The second series I could not find is a science fiction series. I only read one book in the series, I do not remember the title, the plot, anything really, except the main character was unwillingly in some branch of space military duty. After a wound, he had his foot replaced by that of a giant chicken. I remember this book amused me when i read it as a teenager. I even remember what happened to the book, I loaned it to Art Shires. This completely and totally frustrates me. Maybe it is the fact that I woke up at 4 am to make the drive back to my place, maybe it is the fect that it is currently 6 am. Maybe if I search after more sleep I will be able to find my queries. This is what I get for looking through someones books and finding a Chooose Your Own Adventure book and saying, "I liked this series as a kid, but there was this other one." Off to sleep, that is unless I get compulsive and start Googling again (quick side note, isn't it interesting how Google has become so ingrained in our soceity? It's a verb now. You have never heard some one say I am going to go Yahoo that, or Metacrawler that, but people say Google something all the time. Sheesh, technology is cool YO."

3 Comments:

Blogger BRAE said...

DOF likes to Goggle himself.

7:56 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Google even

9:47 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Rafael said...

Google recently changed their search algorythim because the copyright owners were getting pissed at them for cataloging the content of the books. The copyright owners were arguing that google was innappropriately reproducing the content of the books for commercial gain and whatnot. Just thought I'd mention that.

1:15 PM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home