Monday, October 17, 2005

Nine Inch Nails Show

Tonight I made the trip down to San Antonio to see Nine Inch Nails. Tagging along on this little adventure is THWSRN. I was kind of nervous going to this show because it has been 7 or 8 years since I attended a stadium show. I was wondering if the fact that the venues I have been going to are smaller and more intimate would affect the way I think of stadium shows. I had previously seen Nine Inch Nails 3 times, all 3 times were great.

Queens of the Stoneage opened. There show was kind of lame, they didn't have much stage presence. They seem to be of the theory that loude and faster is better, it isn't. The only part of their set that I liked is when the lead singer was playing bass. The bass player was playing lead guitar at this point. His sounds was more bluesy. But overall, I felt like when I was watching them, I was actually just watching a video. I did not feel connected to the audience or the band.

The fact that I really despised their set, made me worry about NIN more. What if I was the reson I was not connecting with the audience or the band. Within 30 seconds of NIN playing, I was connected to the audience and the band. There set was great, powerful music, strong visuals. At one point I look over at THWSRN, and dhe had this giant smile on her face, I don't think she had ever looked more beautiful to me. Even though I was somewhat sick, I had a blast.

On-On to the Full Moon hash tomorrow, gotta love being a hare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home