Friday, October 14, 2005

Return to work

I have finally returned to the office, have not been in since Saturday. First thing I notice, my neighbor is gone. Was he fired did he quit, I dunno? Actually he was moved to the first floor. Next thing 384 emails sitting in my inbox. Most of these will be European and Asian reports that I can just delete, but there is some stuff that is quite important. About 20 minutes into reading my email, I receive a call from some micro-manager wondering what I am doing. I inform him of how many emails I have and the next time I will be able to check them will be Monday. He asks me why I cannot catch up in the NOC. I tell him that there are emails in my inbox I must read before going to the NOC otherwise I might make a huge mistake in the NOC. He leaves me alone. Why is it that every few months some manager tries to rattle my cage when they don't quite grasp what it is I do, leave it to my manager, he knows what I do and he leaves me alone. My day feels like it is already blown, and it has just barely started. I guess I cannot be that busy, I am writing this.
I have no clue what I want for lunch, 25 minutes till I leave. I do know I have to drop off film and fill my car with petrol. I was asked today why I used my film camera instead of digital. I like the way, film works and looks. Digital is catching up, but it is not quite there yet. Also, I do not believe I could create the mood I wanted to with digital. Think these photos are going too really set the mood for the Haunted Hash. Time to try and start looking busy again.

7 Comments:

Blogger BRAE said...

Film is romantic and digital is cold.

9:11 AM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I agree totally

10:50 AM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Rafael said...

Digital rulz.

11:04 AM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Petrol? Who says that?

12:10 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Obviously I do

12:47 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Hieu said...

I'm all about the 35mm and SLR's and the use of "Petrol".

6:26 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

If you are a good photographer you don't have to see what you just took.

7:18 AM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home