Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sailing

The best time I have had this year was sailing. I love the water. Sailing makes me happy, it makes me feel at peace. It is no secret that my childhood pretty much sucked. It is not like I was unloved, beaten or anything like that, but my family put too much pressure on me throughout my life. The only time I was ever happy as a kid was when we were at the lake or at the coast. When we were at the coast, I used to get in so much trouble because I would always sneak out to go sleep on the sail boat.

So now as an adult, I really don't know how to be happy. The things that do give me some happiness, I tend to hang on to (see previous post). My happy place is a burger stand called Skishores. It is right on the lake. When I go there, all my pproblems are left behind. I really think my next place will be on the lake.

Until then though, I guess I will just have to mooch off my friends and periodically borrow their sail boats. Rob and I did discuss me taking his catamaran, which would totally be cool. Don't really remember the details, something about me paying the slip fees. He already okayed it with his wife, but how could she say no. She has to adore the guy that beat her husband at pool and made him crawl under every pool table at the Poodle Dog for a loss of a bet. Rob is a really tall guy, so it was hilarious to see him on his hands and knees crawling under the tables.

I think sailing on a regular basis will be good for me. It is something I can do alone or with friends. It can involve beer, but doesn't necessarily have to. It will give me the solitary time I need. Will put me out in the sun. Lake chics are pretty hot. I am so glad Rob went last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home