Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Thought today was going to suck

9:30 I woke up this morning with an irritation from my throat to my left ear. I actually considered calling out sick, but I decided against it, since I need to save a sick day or two for Sluts birthday campout. I arrive at work ready for the regular pain of a Tuesday morning, really wishing I had called out sick, I check my email and they Need a morning Queue Manager. YES, what a way to start the day, skip the Tuesday morning BS and go straight to a little responsibility. Three hours in the NOC as Queue Manager, then four and a half hours as NOC Watcher, I am going to skate through the day.

Now all I have to do is have the thing I did to my hair last night corrected and today will be great. Which hopefully Tuck It can take care of tonight.

On a personal note, my personal life still sucks, but today is a work day so will concentrate on that, for once.

11:31 It is official, I am sick. Full blown sore throat, head ache and what feels like a fever. Today officially sucks. What makes things worse is I am scouting trail tonight after work. Maybe some fresh air will do me some good.

BTW I am starting my boycott of Cafe Mac again, what is up with Low-Fat Chicken Pesto soup, Tuesdays used to be Baked Potato soup. This Pesto Chicken tastes like A** and is actually making me feel worse, hopefully someone is going to lunch at a place where they serve good soup.

12:16 Starting to improve, Judy is going to Bear Rock Cafe and they have really good Baked Potato Soup. Even better she owes me from dinner a couple of Fridays ago, so I don't have to pay. YEAH ME!

1:15 Judy brought me great soup. It is funny how great soup can make all symptoms of an illness go away. Although, I am not quite thinking straight at the moment, really glad I have someone with me in the NOC today. Suzi agreed with me, the Soup in Cafe Mac really sucked today.

2:32 It is official, I am running on auto-pilot. A few minutes ago, I was walking somewhere and I totally bypassed it and went to another office. My notes in the log are rather incoherent as I am sure what I am typing here is. Two and a half more hours, then I can go scout trail and then get a haircut. On a brighter note, posted the information for this weekends hash and also the full moon hash this month. So close to having these behind me, that way I can have new things to be neurotic over. Well I am babbling, laters

2 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Irritation in your throat? The thing you did to your hair? Tuckit can correct it? Can you be a bigger cigarrete?

9:20 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Tuckit used to be a stylist

9:36 AM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home