Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Crap

I have only been at work for 2 hours and my day already sucks. About an hour after I get in, I receive a message from a friend of mine saying he needed some help writing something. I was like no problem. Then he tells what he needs help with is, "Why he should be in the NOC," "What will he gain from experience in the NOC." Normally this would be no big deal, execpt that it said NOC. So my friend basically tells me, my time in the NOC has come to an end. Not only that, he wants me to write it for him. Okay, I can be a pretty small person at times, but I think writing up something so someone can replace me is ridiculous.

So as not to be a bad friend, i say, just come up with what you want to say and I will edit it for you. He throws a hissy. Seriously though, even if I were not being replaced, I would not write the entire thing for him. There are people who have NOC experience up for the position, there are people who want to use the experience to help with their career. Why should I help someone who does not even know why he wants to do it, other than to have time off the phones. The NOC is a crtitical position at the froot. Someone should not be allowed too sit in the chair if they are not ready to take the responsibility for all the call centers world wide. It is a lot of stress, if we are above service levels means layoffs, if we are below service levels, then I did not do my job and am causing problems worldwide. The wait of all frootcare is on your shoulders. Personally I think my friend would crack, the guy wakes up with panic attacks for gods sake. But if he is serious and reallly wants to do it, all he has to do is tell me why and I will edit it. Sure, everyone needs time away from tech support, but seriouslly, why should I do all the work for him when there are qualified people who want that position and know why, allso why should I write something for my replacement. Am I being a dick?


On a good note, I was having problems getting a vacation day for saturday, finally got it approved, so there won't be any problems with the campout. Except the music, sheesh the one thing I am in charge of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home