Sunday, November 06, 2005

I dunno

I don't really know how I am feeling today. I am somewhat sad and at the same time somewhat happy. It's hard to explain, yet I shall try anyways. I just finished watching With Honors. While I was watching it, I was wondering what happened to the idealistic person I used to be. The guy that used to teach inner city kids, the guy that used to volunteer his spare time to feed the homeless. Now when I pass a homeless person I look at them differenty, I used to look at them and think there is some hope for them, now I just see them as I don't know what. I guess moving to Austin did have some negative effects upon me. Fort Worth, you did not see homeless people as much as you do here. Maybe living here has made me jaded. I look at some of the homeless as entertainment, I read their signs, and those that make smile I tip. (this first part was written Friday afternoon).

During the trip back from Slut's campout, Strap On and I were discussing this subject, turns out there is only one homeless guy in Austin that he gives money to, just so happens it is the same guy i give money to. He has some really funny signs, one says, "Need money for karate lessons, family killed by ninjas." He has about 20 signs that he runs through and they are all pretty damn funny. Of course the funniest sign I have ever seen was in San Francisco, "I can't lie, I am going to buy beer." I quickly gave the guy $20 and told him to get wasted. Since then I have seen that sign several times and it is always funny.

Is it wrong to see homeless people as entertainment? Well I guess it is better than how Brownie sees them, someone to get drunk and then take them across state lines to sodemize them and then leaves them to make there way back on their own. Much like his first true love did to him. That is why you see so many people with cardboard signs saying then need money to travel, it is all Brownie's fault .

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Ever seen Bum Fights?? Saw it over at Chemo's once..I luaughed and now I guess I'm going to hell...at least I'll have lots of friends to drink with.

5:26 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

see you in hell, it's a date

8:03 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Barbara said...

One day I will post a comment without any typo's. I really love my spell check...

8:44 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger brownie said...

No, silly, you never take them across state lines. That makes it a federal offense.

10:04 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

you know, someday I gotta figure out why everyone picks on brownie...bleeder out here always wants to rag on him too

2:13 PM, November 08, 2005  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

spend 5 minutes with the boy and you will understand

2:16 PM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home