Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Criticism

This is not to meant to be offensive, this is just defense of my trail on Sunday.

I have received a little criticism for my trail last Sunday. A couple of people said it was too long. I have had someone complaining that the trail sucked, because they got lost. This was one of the most well marked trails I have seen in the hash. Sure you can get lost, that is one of the fundemental parts of trail, but you shouldn't lose trail, just be confused about your location. The only way someone could lose my trail is if they made the conscious decision to leave the course I have designed and guess that they could short cut it, or if they decide to follow someone else. Either way the trail is not a sucky trail, you are just screwing yourself.

If you think you can guess where my trail is going, go for it, you are going to be wrong. It takes some massive experience and a lot of hashing in a town to predict where a hare is going to lead the trail. Just because you have run in Walnut Creek Park a few times does not mean you are going to be able to guess where I am taking trail. I bet I could lead this person who has "been on every trail in WCP" blind folded into the park and give them 30 minutes to make the parking lot and they couldn't do it. That place is a hard place to run and it is very easy to get lost, believe me I do almost everytime I am in there.

My trail had 3 tunnels, 2 dilapitated running bridges and a massive amount of distance. i did all this with crossing very few streets and very little time pounding asphalt. This trail took a lot of work and I received a lot of kudos from people because they could see it. So you got lost, so your ass got wet, big deal. Follow flour and you won't have a problem.

Try pulling off what i did, you can't. And if you can, I will be the first one too say what a challenging, good trail it was; but then again, I am either going to pull off short cutting, or I am going to follow trail.

While I am at it, anyone want to hare a Full Moon or a Darkside?

6 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Dude, the trail rocked, I just got lost. I don’t think I said anything about the trail itself sucking, it just sucked that I got lost. I wasn’t trying to shortcut, I just kept missing where the flour was.

12:01 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Spotty said...

Awesome trail, baby!!! Almost Interhash worthy.....the only thing that would have made it better (well, except for the guarantee of shots at the shot checks!) would have been a deep water swim.

12:16 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I wanted to kill the hounds, not the hare, with the way my lungs are acting right now, i would have died.

Raf, hate to pick at this, " Anyway, trail sucked, read all about it on my running blog." But thanks for the clarification both here and on your blog. And remember you still owe me the late Dec Darkside, what month you want. BTW, I had to drink for their not being a Darkside at two Sunday hashes.

12:22 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Trail sucked, I didn't see ANY of it!

12:56 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

I loved the trail...lol

9:59 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

sorry I missed it...would've liked to get in a long trail run....

8:47 AM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home