Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wednesday Antics

The Asians started a new business venture yesterday, serving sushi at Cork and Co. in downtown. This is a pretty cool wine bar and having sushi on top is a really great idea. I went down there with them at 4:30 to help them set up, by 6:30 Marisa and I were finishing our first bottle of wine. 7:15 order second bottle of wine, eat sushi, have a flight of sparkling wine, finish second bottle. Marisa and I then leave to run to a store down the street, we pass a bar called the Light Bar and it looked really cool, so I of course say we need to inspect it, I ask the bar tender what his best drink is and he said a peach martini. Being the hashers we are, we had to sample, they were really good. Back to the wine bar, our party starts to dwindle, things starting to get fuzzy. Help Nat pack up, back to the Light Bar, next thing I know I am at Thai Passion and I am clueless at how we got there, it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 am. This morning I wake up and there is a trail of clothes from my front door to my bedroom. I was in rare form last night. New business ventures make my liver go oooowwwwiiieee.

11 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Mmmmmmm sushi now....think I might have to get some this weekend...

12:31 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I took my parents to Thai Passion when they were in town last weekend. MMMMMM.....pad thai.

1:05 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

went to Nami's Japnis stake house sushi Bar and Bingo hall...lol with Dicket and fam on tuesday night It was sooo good

1:22 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Barbara said...

wait a minute...steak/sushi AND bingo? how cool is that?

1:27 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

we did not get to play bingo because of the kids, So we said fine we will go some place else to get drunk with our kids ! We ended up at Bufilo wild wings

1:31 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

But isn't bingo a kid's game?

1:35 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

They have a cool trivia game. Love Buffalo Wild Wings.....

1:50 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Did you have today off? Sure hope so!

It is never good to eat sushi. Gag!

2:14 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Rafael said...

Sushi rulz

8:35 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

So here is my story..

- Asians started new venture...awesome.
- 2 bottles of wine btwn us but DOF drank 75% of it
- went to Light...cool
- went back to wine bar
- went back to Light for the 2nd time...BIG mistake
- StrapeOn Elvis came to join and ordered Bombay S. and tonic. FM gets excited to find a new gin drinkin' partner (Hovis retired I think). FYI: Planning on a Gin & Tonic night soon for the "cool" people.
- went to Thai Passion, opened to 3 a.m. Thought I could sing "We love the carpenters" but I was waaaaay too drunk.
- DOF past out on the table after smacking my friend, Art, a few times. Is it coming back now, Apple? :-)

Note to self, not to drink during business hours. We ended up spending more than we made.

Yours Truly,
Free Meat...always good meat
-

9:45 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

Gin is for old people.

4:58 PM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home