Monday, February 06, 2006

Ankle

Well it has been a week and the swelling has not gone down, so I made an appointment to go see my doc. I really hope nothing serious is going on. I have finally cleared my lungs out and I was feeling really good the last time I ran. Hopefully I will be able to run again soon. I would like to be ready for the Rogue series, which is starting in April. I would like to do the 30K, but may have to settle for the 10K unless I can get some series running time in before. This really sucks. Well I will keep you guys updated, going in on Wednesday morning.

The MAZE is our 1st TRAIL event! It ain't flat, dry, or strait. But it is FUN. The biggest danger is the other runners. Beware the veteran trail runners. They will run full tilt thru the streams, splash thru the mud, and score your face plants. Walnut Creek offers you the opportunity to beat 'The Maze' The course winds through a challenging mess of trees, crosses a few creeks, climbs a few hills, but mostly follows a well worn and very confusing labyrinth of trails. If you’ve never been to Walnut Creek, I suggest a map, some food, and plenty of water. You will get lost (unless you have already been here many times, and maybe even then) Keep in mind that we will mark this trail so that nobody gets lost during the race, but try if you dare to run this park before or after the event. The map will do you little good. A GPS might work better or a trail of crumbs.

I did this one lastyear, it was a blast. WCP is one of my favorite places to run, because you always find something new when you go.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Good luck at the doctor’s. I think I am going to sign up for the 30k this year.

7:11 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger xyzzybaluba said...

Don't forget we would also like to know how your ankle is doing. This sucks having to read about you instead of you calling. Oh BTW Happy birthday Yvette.

8:11 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

like I could forget your birthday. Maybe confuse it with Valentine's day for the last 30 years, but never forget.

8:29 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm so there for the maze..bring it on!

8:34 AM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger xyzzybaluba said...

Awww, I have such a "sweet" baby bubba!

9:02 AM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home