Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feeling Much Better

Last night I went home somewhat early, I hung around the meting for a while hanging out with the stragglers. I had a couple of beers, just because everyone was in shock I was not drinking. I went home and read for an hour and was asleep by 1:00 am. This morning I woke up somewhat refreshed, I did something I hardly ever do, I ate breakfast. Since my blood sugar has been off, I thought it was a pretty good idea. I have now been at work for 2 hours and I am completely focused, not tired and having a pretty good day so far. What makes it better is it is Mardi Gras and there is a party going on all day about 10 feet from my desk, so i will be grazing all day for food. Just had a couple of yummy cookies. Being that it is Mardi Gras, I guess I am morally obligated to go eat at Sambet's once again. HELL YEAH! Anyone know of any good Mardi Gras celebrations tonight in A-town? I know I should probably stay in, but you know the whole lent thing is coming up (I have actually been practicing lent for the past couple of years, long story but it gives me an excuse to have sushi on Fridays). This year i will give up Peanuts and Hot Sauce (the combination, could not give them up individually, I would die). This is my favorite snack, and I eat it about 4 times a week, soshould be pretty tough. Guess I will need to buy other snack food, maybe I will look into chips. Had a discussion with a special person last night about chips being a good snack food. So maybe I will give it a shot. Well the party is calling me back, later kids. Leave comments on what is going on tonight.

7 Comments:

Blogger -tunnel said...

Hope you continue to feel better, DOF. I think an ice cold Guiness is really what you need. A meal in a can and lowfat, too! The perfect breakfast of champions!!

1:55 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

I have no idea what's going on for Fat Tuesday. I'll be working on organizing my room as soon as I get home. Scrubs is new. After that, who knows?

1:57 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger -tunnel said...

and when I typed Guiness, I meant Guinness, of course!

1:57 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

I haven't decided what to give up for Lent yet. I gave up men one year. That didn't mean I went to women, just that I gave up men. Unfortunately, Betty Ford weekend is coming up and who am I to turn down a good snogging session?

2:01 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Since when did everyone turn Catholic? I was raised Protestant--it's like Catholic except without all the silly games. So I won't be giving anything up, as usual.

7:35 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

I do not know what Fat Tuesday or Lent is ?

8:56 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

G, you get wise! You get to church!

9:08 PM, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home