Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Lost Dog

Today I checked my email and there was one waiting from my Mom. She has been checking out the Austin Animal Shelters website on a daily basis keeping an eye out for Spike. Yesterday there was a dog found that matched the description of my dog. For about an hour today I had the hope of getting my dog back. It felt good. Of course when I get there, it is not my dog. I made a double walk through of the shelter checking and double checking in case they had not posted it to the web site. I also checked the lost book to make sure my post was still in there and checked the found file cabinet, still no go. At least I had hope for a little while, and of course if she send me another email I will go back. I would like to thank my Mom for checking on him so regularly, also my Sister for keeping my Mom and I sane through this.

A lot of people tell me maybe he is in a good home. I don't see how it could be a good home. He had a harness on him, those things are hard to get off. If he just had a collar on him I could see maybe it coming off and someone finding a dog and keeping it. A harness doesn't come off unless a person takes it off. So if some one found him and kept him, they are not providing a good home, they are simply stealing a dog. Enough of my rant

12 Comments:

Blogger Spotty said...

Honey, maybe he went along way and someone posted found posters, just not in your neighborhood....keep the hope that he is loved and taken care of.

3:12 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

My sis, getting ready for Korea, might have eaten him.

3:41 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

brownie thats not nice!

May be a young person fund him and took the harness off befor they took him home to there mom.

4:22 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

Dude that's so shitty! I hope you find him soon!

5:27 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I'm sorry. Does your dog have a "chip" ? this way if he is taken to a shelter they are supposed to scan lost pets and then the identification number comes up with your contact info, etc. If not, its a good $30 investment that any vet can do. When I lost my cat in Dallas its how he was recovered...

5:54 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger BRAE said...

That "chip" is a bad idea. They will be doing people next!

6:41 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Its good for pets as then they are registered with the AKC with the chip.I would've never found my cat without his chip. He was quite the escape artist......

7:02 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

If they do not take the dog to shelter the chip is useless and pointless now

8:27 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Ahh Fishy, this makes me so sad. Anytime you need some puppy lovin' just let me know. I'll take you to my mom's and my little pumpkin (Bailey) will cheer you up!

8:42 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Rafael said...

I could use some puppy luvin, just not from a puppy, I’d rather have it from a human.

9:10 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Jes said...

God, Brownie, you're such a douche bag sometimes!

Fish, I'm so sorry. It must be so hard to keep getting your hopes up and then find nothing at the shelter.

1:53 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

HA! I haven't been called a douche bag in a long time! Oh, wait, it was just yesterday, nevermind.

3:02 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home