Thursday, February 09, 2006

Of Splints and chile reillenos

Yesterday, finally made it to my doc. No breaks or fractures but a pretty bad sprain. So I am stuck in a splint for the next three weeks. I can run on the streets once the pain goes away, but no trail running or at least three weeks. So I should have no problem being ready for The Maze.

Last night headed to Chuy's for some Jalepeno Ranch with @ss Gagger and Social Retard. I had a couple of Mexican Martini's and way too much Jalepeno Ranch (I know there is never enough), but I ordered Chile Reillenos (however they are spelled). I only had a couple bites of them because I ate so much Jalepeno Ranch. Then it was off to the Draught House to meet the Pluckers softball team, which consisted of a few hashers: Strap-On Elvis, Hippie Swallow and Just Ricky. The usual Shenanigans ensued. During the night found out that Just Ricky hates to be called bitch, think there is a name in there somewhere. Many pitchers were drank and somehow I made it home, with a brief stop at the Exxon across the street for drunken munchies. No Chili Dogs so I had to settle for an Italien Sub and microwave burrito.

Today should be heading to Barton Creek to pick up an iPod for the Thai Association Party, then to Dry Creek Saloon and possibly Rovers afterwards. Of course that means I will have to make it out of bed first.

12 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

good to hear that its not broke

12:19 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger xyzzybaluba said...

Glad to know you are taking care of your ankle. Now for the bad part. I am saying this next part as your older sister, a bail bondsman, a legal secretary and a driver.

You drink, you drive, you can go to jail. I cannot help you down there. You promised not to drive drunk. Please don't do it again.

Very disappointed Tim, very disapointed. You know better than to do something stupid like drink too much when you are the driver.

1:02 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger BRAE said...

Your sissy does have a good point.

1:11 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

yeah but she is missing out on one very important thing, did I mention anywhere that I drove. Nope. @ss Gagger drove.

Don't be a fool, stay in school, write that down Timmy.

1:15 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

Today will be Apple/Marisa Day :-). I'll be the designated driver.

Cheers

2:02 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

That sucks, but at least it isn't broken! Trust me on this one - taking care of it now leads to a much happier fish in later years.

2:05 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

Dry Creek Rocks! Used to run Brightleaf SNA, an unknown Austin gem, then head over there. It's fun to get super wasted there and drive up and down Mt. Bonnell Road. Great, windy hill and lots of kids out playing!

2:12 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger xyzzybaluba said...

Just checking bubba...

2:16 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Hey, I call my brother Bubba!

And yes, I drove drunk Fish last night.

2:36 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Glad to hear you finally had your ankle looked at. Which pod doc did you go to?

9:19 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Brrrrr. I just went to my normal Doc, the X-Rays came clean. He was a military doctor so he is used to working with ankle injuries.

Video, yeah visiting the doc is sometimes a good idea. I was going to start running a lot sooner than he suggested, so it is a good thing I went because now I won't do any extra damage to it.

9:40 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Jes said...

I think it's cute that your sister looks out for you. Could you imagine if I had to "talk" with Brownie everytime he did something stupid while drunk? Christ...it would be a nightmare.

Glad your ankle will be all better soon.

11:52 AM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home