Friday, March 10, 2006

Food

What can I say, I love food. Today I had lunch at Sambet's, I know I eat there a lot and I write about it a lot. But this place really does inspire one to write and share the experience. Several of you that read this blog have dines there with me here and know that it is one of my happy places in Austin. Today I walked in expecting their always wonderful food. I oredered my usual lunch, expecting greatness. Greatness was surpassed. Their Poblano Crawfish chowder is one of the best soups I have ever had. Today it made it to the best single instance of a soup. I seriously wanted to pull a Johnny Depp from Once Upon a Time in Mexicao and walk back to the kitchen and shoot the cook to restore balance in the universe. Needless to say I have a very happy tummy right now.

Now the real reason for this post. So tonight, they are having one of their crawfish boils, which means a Zydeco band and a very special menu. The owner gave me a sneak peak of tonights menu and everything on it looked so wonderful. So here is my offer, anyone who wants to go tonight, email me. It is from 7-10, I am going to try and duck out of work early so I can make it. The cover is $3 and it is BYOB. Considering the time frame, anyone heading down to SoCo to see The Story Of should be able to make it. I know blASSt Zone is having a crawfish boil tomorrow and all of us will be there, but tonight is going to be super good food. So anyone up for tonight email me. This is going to be one of the best times in Austin tonight, when Sambet's does a crawfish boil, they do it right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denial Queen said...

I'm going to try and meet up with FMeat at Baby A's north after work.....

1:13 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Just got home from running errands after work. Gotta get cleaned up for the concert.

Meeting up with us later at Trophy's?

5:35 PM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home