Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hurricane

A few minutes ago, I made a quick run to Whataburger. While I was waiting at the drive thru, KGSR was playing Bob Dylan's song The Hurricane. Sometimes music really affects me, I remember weeping the first time I understood what David Bowie's Space Oddity was really about, of course I was 12 but still. While listening to The Hurricane, I became seriously pissed off. Imagine having your life taken away from you. Being imprisoned for a crime you did not commit. The prosecutions only case is a black man in a new car. And what makes it worse is you are a world class athelete. Many people live with the what if syndrome, imagine living with it and having but having it taken away from you. The guy was in jail for like 20 years and it took a high school kid and some Canadians to prove he was innocent. I do not know where I am going with this, but I just had to purge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

that totally blows

4:23 PM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Jes said...

Can you email me a list of some of your favorite Korean films so I can rent them?

1:48 AM, March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home