Tuesday, March 21, 2006

James McMurtry

Saturday night, a bunch of us headed down to Jovina's to check out James McMurtry's set. For anyone who has never seen him, he is a must see. His dad has written so much about Texas over the span of his career, James could definitely write the soundtrack for all of these books. His set totally rocked and I am sure everyone who attended had a great time.

After James' set, we headed to some place Sphincter Blinker wanted to go to meet some friends. Turned out to be a gay bar. Strap-On Elvis was the belle of the ball that night. He was very popular among the locals and was even given some gifts.
After the gay bar, it was off to ihop for some drunken dining, this was all pretty much a blur. I do know that when we returned to blASSt Zone's house, Sphincter Blinker did puke in the bushes.

I woke up around noonish, stumbled down stairs and found BZ, CumonIwannaleiya and @ss Gagger vegging watching TV, this turned out to be an all day trend for us, culminating in a Firefly marathon. Somewhere around 10:30 I dropped @G off and I headed home for some sleep in my bed, first time in several days. I would recount some of the stories from St Patties Day, but I don't remember too much from that night, except that the food rocked.

Well back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

I heart Firefly! Sounds like a good way to spend the day.

1:48 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Joss Whedon rules!

7:52 AM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home