Monday, April 17, 2006

Austin H3 turns 21

This summer Austin H3 turns 21, I am trying to get the okay from the junta to host a weekend. Most members of the junta are some what burned out after hosting TXIH. Of course those people will say I'm not burned out because I did not do anything for TXIH, they forget the 9 hours I put in making name tags, booking the band, helping make the curry before the camp out and the other stuff I did along the way, plus I was the first person to arrive for the clean-up after TXIH.

Essentially it would be a pub crawl on Friday. A bike hash and a Bubba Hash on Saturday (for those who prefer feet to wheels), a hell of a birthday party Saturday Night and the Austin Hash on Sunday.

As of yet, I have not figured out the date. I have figured out the slogan: Austin H3, Finally Legal! So far the weekend has pretty much been approved. What has not been approved, I think there should be a small rego fee so we can throw a party that merits 21 years of hashing. Also I think there should be gimmes, A shirt, a patch and a name tag. The rego should be a small one and should cover hash cash, entrance to the party and gimmes. This requires very little effort on the hashes part. Setting up a web page to handle rego (I am awaiting Body's and Padre's comment on helping with this), our Beer Meister has already volunteered to help, have not heard from our haberdasher about helping (and if I don't there are other people willing to help out. I already have an idea for the logo for the shirt and the design of the patch). We are not going to have to provide food, beer other than what is at the hash and party, a place to stay (although many

No matter what, we will have a weekend, it will either be pay as you go or the rego. I am hoping for the rego because I think it will make for a better hashing experience. Also it would be nice to have a $20 to $30 rego, compared to the $169 I paid for my last rego.

So all you Austin Hashers, screw that, all hashers, show your support. Comments on whether you think it should be rego or pay as you go. If it is rego, would you help out? I do not think we need much help, but a show of support is always good.

On-On
To The Finally Legal Hash

And yes, I do realize Austin H3 will be turning 21 a few months before my girlfriend.

18 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

sounds good to me and I will help in any way you need, rego is the way to go.

Are you thinking about camping or just a big party ?

4:40 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

it will be in town, no camping, out of towners can crash at peoples places or get a hotel room.

4:45 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Eunuch said...

I guess I missed the date...maybe not. If I'm back from the desert in time, I'll be there...I missed my OWN hash's 21st birthday celebration, Trash Prom, this past December.

4:48 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

thats good, its way too hot! to camp. I can take crashers, I have space for 7 or 8

5:00 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I'm not sure, but I think our beermeister was being facetious

6:03 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

no, he's in, he was just kidding around about taking over the beer truck. Something I tried doing at TXIH.

6:06 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger mike said...

All I remember about the beer truck at TXIH is loaning Bubbles a lock and then having to give him my spare key so that I didn't get my ass kicked by the angry hordes.

Sounds fun. I'm in if I have enough notice to verify and/or switch weekends.

Go with rego's. You'll know what you have to work with.

7:25 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

You should get Crusty Beaver to hare on Sunday.

6:20 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I was already thinking about doing that, but good call

7:45 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

Rego, all the way. And I will help out as well.

What is the official date of when the Austin hash was begun?

10:03 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Rafael said...

I say Rego, and I'll help out if you can figure out where I live, HA!

10:48 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

Am I the only one that noticed he used the term "girlfriend"????

12:33 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

girlfriend, what is wrong with that, that would be her role

12:35 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

It's a cover up. He invites a ton of dudes over to his pool along with one chick, something is too weird there.

12:35 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

no cover up, there were chics there besides trish

12:38 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger brownie said...

I nominate Squeeze Box for gimmies!

8:29 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

Nothing wrong with it dearie. Just seems so soon to be pulling out the "gf" title. Congrats!

3:34 PM, April 19, 2006  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I'm in for it!!!! Lemme know what I can do to help out :)
Mini-kilts to the rescue!!!!!

5:18 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home