Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Eye of the Tiger

Today is going to be a good day. For lunch I headed over to La Morado. Amanda, Joe's from Graffiti's daughter, works there. I had not seen her in a while and I felt like mexican food so it seemed perfect. I ordered a dish I had never had before, the chicken was slightly smoked, and it was super yummy. As I was leaving, Eye of the Tiger by Survivor was on the radio. You can always tell it is going to be a good day when you hear that song. Everytime I hear it, I feel like Balboa and I am about to kick some Clubber Lang ass. Speaking of Eye of the Tiger, you know who has it? Chuck MOTHERFUCKIN Norris. Stallone fears the beard.

Tonight afrter work, going to catch the last of Trish's hockey game, where she will be sporting the eye. For those who want to know, she is okay. The wreck did not affect her, other than messing up her car and causing me to meet her parents sooner than expected. But all is well.

Hope everyone has a great day.

12 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

I used to run up the Rocky steps all the time when I lived in Philly. Chuck Norris couldn't make it halfway.

1:16 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I ran up the steps during one of my trips to Philly, stepped in hit boot print and everything, ahhh to be a tourist again.

1:18 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

chuck wouldn't have to run up the stairs, he would just jusmp from the base to the top, delivering a death blow of a round house to stallone. Then he would totally go fuck talia shire. Doggie style of course

1:22 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Pittchick said...

ADRIAN!!!!!!!




That's all I can think of when I hear that song. The Rocky steps are cake...

1:45 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

Trish plays hockey ? that is so cool !

2:19 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

it is roller hockey, but there is a really bad ass facility for it in Round Rock off of 620. What makes it even more cool is there is a hockey shop right next door to it. I used to play a little bit before I moved to Austin, but she is a way better skater than I am.

2:46 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Eunuch said...

I miss watching hockey...

3:26 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Barbara said...

I love hockey and hockey men.....:)

9:31 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

So THAT'S what you do on Tuesdays now...

10:25 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger BH said...

There's a group at Burning Man who shotguns a beer every time they hear Final Countdown. I think we need to add Eye of the Tiger into the mix.

We used to use Eye of the Tiger to get ourselves pumped up before our rugby games at Nationals. Good times.

4:55 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger mike said...

Eye of the Tiger reminds me of growing up in S. Louisiana. When it first came out, it was the unofficial song for the LSU football team, the LSU Tigers.

I wonder what my cousin is doing these days, anyway? She used to be hot.

8:18 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

Eye of the Tiger...2 things came to mind

Doing the stupid dance to the song when I was 16 (yes, I'm old)

Oldag and gang walking into the ping pong room for the play-off game holding a boombox playing this song. It was hilarious.

5:26 AM, April 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home