Monday, July 03, 2006

My Weekend

My weekend was not mine at all, it pretty much belonged to Trish. Thursday started with Kevin visiting and then a happy hour, okay so this part really wasn't Trish, if Kevin had come into town I would have thrown him a happy hour even if I were not dating Trish. Friday, Trish and I wake up, as usual, we are late. So we quickly pack, get provisions for the trip, meet up with Kevin and it is off to Uvalde for their family reunion. The drive was pretty uneventful, well except for me wanting to stop every 20 minutes to play 3 man. When we finally arrived, we completed a 21 beer pyramid in around an hour and a half, was a pretty decent game for 3 people.After the game, we headed to the Lonestar for some beers, dancing and to see their family. Beer was cold, I suck at dancing, so the game started anew. After the game, it was back to the hotel to sneak in the pool. We were only able to swim for about 20 minutes before being kicked out. What makes it funny is that the swimmers were Trish, her mom and myself. Pretty funny seeing Trish's mom scale a fence to swim.

Saturday, we headed over to Trish's families place outside of Uvalde, pretty much we had a marathon game of 3 man, that I eventually quit (yes Kevin, I am a pussy). After I quit, I found Trish and napped for a few hours. When we woke up, I rejoined the game, somehow Kevin was still able to sit in a chair. At one point while I was still sober, I cornered Trish's father and asked his permission to marry her. He said it was okay, guess everyone knew I would ask eventually. Saturday night was a somewhat early evening, we were all pretty exhausted from being outside drinking all day, plus we had an all day event on Sunday.

Sunday, we woke up and packed the car and headed to San Antonio for the Warp Tour. This is something Trish has been going to for the past 4 years. To say I felt a little out of place is the understatement of the year. I felt like I was at some Junio High dance and I was a chaperone, not because of Trish's age but because the majority of the people there are younger than she is. The day was not all horrible, Helmet played, have not seen them since undergrad, they were a band I really liked when I was 20. Since they are one of the loudest touring bands around, I stopped feeling old. Reason being is that saying, if it is too loud then you are too old. They are super loud and I loved it. Now one would ask, would I ever do Warp Tour again, since I was miserable most of the day, the answer is yes. I found a band I liked that I had never heard before and I got to see a band that used to be pretty important to me. But here is the kicker, when Trish really gets into the music, she gets this innocent, sweet little smile. I saw that smile a hundred times yesterday, I would go back just to see her smile just once.

We left Warp early and headed back to Austin, we met up with one of Kevin's Navy friends at The Hideout, had a couple of drinks and then called it a night. Today, I am at work and Kevin and Trish are at Schlitterban. I would say life sucks, but i have been off since last Tuesday, and after Today I will not work again till Saturday.
I might throw a HH on Thursday for my bday,will send out an evite if I do.

ON-ON to the COB

4 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

sounds like fun, we did not make it WT (Sarah's Dad is an ass). The hash was fun.

Is there any thing fun going on on the 4th

2:23 PM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Jes said...

congrats on getting dad's permission!!!

3:09 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Gagger said...

I thought you already asked Kevin AND her dad for permission??

1:15 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger babyG said...

Happy Bday !

is it today

7:23 AM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home