Saturday, October 14, 2006

Happy Birthday

may i feel said he
(i'll squeal said she
just once said he)
it's fun said she

(may i touch said he
how much said she
a lot said he)
why not said she

(let's go said he
not too far said she
what's too far said he
where you are said she)

may i stay said he
(which way said she
like this said he
if you kiss said she

may i move said he
is it love said she)
if you're willing said he
(but you're killing said she

but it's life said he
but your wife said she
now said he)
ow said she

(tiptop said he
don't stop said she
oh no said he)
go slow said she

(cccome?said he
ummm said she)
you're divine!said he
(you are Mine said she)

Everyday I check this little widget that tells me what happened today in history, well today is ee cummings birthday. I never really understood his work until my Oral Interpretation teacher assigned me to read this poem with a girl in my class that I had some what been crushing over for quite some time. A few months back I made a post of the greatest kiss of all time, reading this poem with her led up to that kiss later in the afternoon. Thank you cummings and thank you Mrs. Jackson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home