Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Restaraunts

I've been feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days, so today I decided to go and have some Pho, I tried out a new place, Lemon Grass Cafe. This place was really good, I was fairly surprised. It is located in a spot where many Pho places have died. The food was excellent, had some dishes I have not seen since leaving Fort Worth, they served egg rolls the traditional way with lettuce to wrap them in, plus they have fresh fruit smoothies with tapioca pearls.

The decor is very modern and warm, much like Chon Som. I am definitely going to make this my new place for Pho and other Vietnamese dishes. I have never thought of taking a date to a Vietnamese place, but since finding Lemon Grass, it is a definite possibility.

On the way home, I took a look at Don Luis a new taco place, which also sits in a doomed location. The parking lot was packed, which is great, this place is also a great addition to the North Austin food scene. Bad Jimmy and I stopped in on Saturday, between the two of us, we tried about 5 different types of tacos. The quality is much higher than Taco Deli and the tacos are about $1.25 to $2.50 cheaper.

I give both these restaurants a big thumbs up. Both places have put in for a liquor license. Don Luis will actually give you a beer if you tip them before hand.

If anyone has a place they would like me to review, please post. Or if you are scared to try a new place, I can tag along.

Well off to bed and dreaming of my next culinary adventure.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i should start doing culinary adventures when i don't have anything to post.
miss you

3:56 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm all for trying out Don Luis. Let me know the next time you go!

2:39 PM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Jes said...

There's a new seafood place in my neighborhood I've been wanting to check out...lots of slimy, squirmy things they fish out of a tank and throw in a pot at your table. Wanna go?

5:54 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Spotty said...

I'm gonna be working outside of Fort Worth in the near future...you'll have to give me a list of places to eat. OR just come take me out...ha ha.

11:05 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger mike said...

I went to Don Luis yeaterday for lunch. Good tacos (I had three varieties, al pastor, beef fajita and chicken something ...), tasty tortillas, good value. But, their salsa seriously sucked. If not for that, it would have been almost perfect (perfect=free, BTW).

6:34 PM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

Closet miss you too
@ss maybe next week sometime, or Sunday before the hash.
Jes, sounds wonderful, but the commute is a bit much for me.
Spotty where will you be working, I know a lot of great places in FW.
Mike, Tortilla's there are great, taste like home, well not my home, but friends of mine

11:37 AM, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I love culinary adventures. Now I'm hungry...

11:09 AM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Jes said...

*yawn*

update, please!!!! :)

2:29 AM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home