Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Murder of Crows

This is something that has fascinated me for quite a while, Why are a flock of crows called a murder? I will get to that later.

Crows are the most intelligent bird, they use tools. They sharpen twigs to help them forage for larvae and insects. Some studies indicate crows can count and that they have an amazing memory. Crows live in very close knit groups, sometimes in the thousands, to protect themselves. Crows, will defend crows from a different murder and it is thought crows are to mate for life. Crows have 25 distinct calls all with a specifac purpose. One is even a distress call.

So why is a flock of crows called a murder? When a crow is dying, the rest of the flock will kill it. Sounds pretty cruel, but then again, it sounds like euthanasia. I am not necessarily supporting or not supporting euthanasia, just giving everone something to think about from the animal kingdom.

Wow, look what happens when I am sober. I am using my brain again, it all goes downhill from here.

Here something booze related.

A Crow Left of the Murder

2 oz Old Crow® bourbon whiskey
2 oz cranberry juice
2 oz pineapple juice


Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes, and serve with a straw.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donnie The Retard said...

What fun is using your brain. It's certainly not going to help you when I whoop your ass at beer pong if you happen to make it to The Platte Road Challenge.

1:48 PM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

mmmm....sounds delicious! I'll hafta see if I can mix some of that up to put in my flask at the next hash.

7:26 PM, March 11, 2007  
Blogger Pittchick said...

I generally don't like whiskey, but I may have to try that one.

8:15 PM, March 13, 2007  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Nevermore, never more...oh, wait, that's a raven, not a crow

11:33 AM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home